Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com> on 2014/10/11 17:49:47 UTC

Hardcoded username and password for CEP publishing

Hi,

In the class
org.apache.stratos.common.statistics.publisher.WSO2CEPStatisticsPublisher,
the username and the password for the CEP is hardcoded as admin:admin.

Is there any particular reason for this or is this being developed in a
separate branch?

We could simply look for system properties *thrift.server.admin.username*
and *thrift.server.admin.password* and if they are not present revert to
admin:admin.

Regards,
Chamila de Alwis
Software Engineer | WSO2 | +94772207163
Blog: code.chamiladealwis.com

Re: Hardcoded username and password for CEP publishing

Posted by Manula Chathurika Thantriwatte <ma...@wso2.com>.
Hi Chamila,

There is no particular reason for that. At the time we have develop this
functionality we have test it without having this property in config.
Thanks for figure it out. +1 for the new change.

Thanks !

On Sat, Oct 11, 2014 at 9:25 PM, Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> +1, please send a PR :)
>
> On Sat, Oct 11, 2014 at 9:19 PM, Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> In the class
>> org.apache.stratos.common.statistics.publisher.WSO2CEPStatisticsPublisher,
>> the username and the password for the CEP is hardcoded as admin:admin.
>>
>> Is there any particular reason for this or is this being developed in a
>> separate branch?
>>
>> We could simply look for system properties *thrift.server.admin.username*
>> and *thrift.server.admin.password* and if they are not present revert to
>> admin:admin.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Chamila de Alwis
>> Software Engineer | WSO2 | +94772207163
>> Blog: code.chamiladealwis.com
>>

> --
> Best Regards,
> Nirmal
>
> Nirmal Fernando.
> Senior Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc.
>
> Blog: http://nirmalfdo.blogspot.com/

Manula Chathurika Thantriwatte
Software Engineer
WSO2 Inc. : http://wso2.com
lean . enterprise . middleware

email : manulac@wso2.com / manula@apache.org
phone : +94 772492511
blog : http://manulachathurika.blogspot.com/

Re: Hardcoded username and password for CEP publishing

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.
+1, please send a PR :)