Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Mike Hearn <m....@signal.qinetiq.com> on 2002/10/29 15:02:01 UTC

Re: XML and web services

The best way in theory is to simply pass DOMs in whichever languages you
are using. The SOAP engine then uses literalXML encoding to make it
happen - but this functionality is broken in Axis at the moment it
appears, and seems to have been for some time.

This is really quite a serious issue if it really is a bug, and I intend
to chase the developers about it either this week or next. If/when I
find a solution/write a patch I'll let you know. For now you can pass
strings back and forth, or use the message form.

thanks -mike