Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Marty Landman <ML...@face2interface.com> on 2005/06/24 14:47:59 UTC

[users@httpd] Samba share related 404's

Hi,

I've been getting errors like these for a long time and was hoping someone
could suggest the cause, and possibly the cure:

[Fri Jun 24 08:23:02 2005] [error] [client 192.168.0.1] File does not
exist: /usr/local/apache/htdocs/look
[Fri Jun 24 08:23:03 2005] [error] [client 192.168.0.1] File does not
exist: /usr/local/apache/htdocs/web

The client IP is my workstation/gateway and the 2 lines above are from the
httpd error log on another server on my LAN. The referenced path up to
/htdocs/ is the default apache path on that server as the manual was
installed there, but not the path for any websites I've set up on that box.

And 'look' and 'web' are the names of two samba shares I've set up for the
box with the server on it.

Hope this makes sense, hoping there's a way to unclutter the log.

Thanks in advance.

Marty

Marty Landman, Face 2 Interface Inc. 845-679-9387
Search & Sort Easily: http://face2interface.com/Products/FormATable.shtml
Web Installed Formmail: http://face2interface.com/formINSTal