Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Martin Spinassi <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/21 19:43:55 UTC

Connectors and apache with mpm worker

Hi everyone!

I'm doing some performance tests under apache and tomcat using jakarta
connectors.

Searching around, I've read about apache-worker (not jakarta), to make
it multi-process and multi-thread, but I'm having some troubles with
connectors now.

Here is the output of jk_mod_log:

[error] jk_handler::mod_jk.c (2410): Could not get endpoint for
worker=worker1
[info] jk_handler::mod_jk.c (2476): Service error=0 for worker=worker1

And here is my workers.properties:

worker.worker1.port=8009
worker.worker1.host=127.0.0.1
worker.worker1.type=ajp13
worker.maintain=30

worker.worker1.connection_pool_size=1
worker.worker1.fail_on_status=503

worker.list=worker1

If I browse the site, it loads really faster, but with some little more
traffic (2 connections by second), I get all those errors at jk_mod_log.

Can you give me some help? I just can't find what to modify or what is
wrong with my configuration.

Thanks to all!

Martin

Re: Connectors and apache with mpm worker

Posted by Martin Spinassi <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 2008-11-21 at 19:56 +0100, André Warnier wrote:
> Martin Spinassi wrote:
> > Hi everyone!
> >

> > I'm doing some performance tests under apache and tomcat using jakarta
> > connectors.
> >
> > Searching around, I've read about apache-worker (not jakarta), to make
> > it multi-process and multi-thread, but I'm having some troubles with
> > connectors now.
> >

> > Here is the output of jk_mod_log:
> >

> > [error] jk_handler::mod_jk.c (2410): Could not get endpoint for
> > worker=worker1
> > [info] jk_handler::mod_jk.c (2476): Service error=0 for worker=worker1
> >

> > And here is my workers.properties:
> >

> > worker.worker1.port=8009
> > worker.worker1.host=127.0.0.1
> > worker.worker1.type=ajp13
> > worker.maintain=30
> >
> > worker.worker1.connection_pool_size=1
> > worker.worker1.fail_on_status=503
> >
> > worker.list=worker1
> >

> > If I browse the site, it loads really faster, but with some little more
> > traffic (2 connections by second), I get all those errors at jk_mod_log.
> >

> > Can you give me some help? I just can't find what to modify or what is
> > wrong with my configuration.
> >

> I think you should state on which platform you're running this, because
> it may have an impact on whether it is or not a good idea to use the
> worker mpm in the first place.

Sorry, I forgot that.

Is a CentOS GNU/Linux 5.2, with apache 2.2.10 and tomcat connectors
1.2.27.

Thanks for the advice André.

Martín

Re: Connectors and apache with mpm worker

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.

Posted by Martin Spinassi <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, 2008-11-22 at 19:10 +0100, Rainer Jung wrote:
> Martin Spinassi schrieb:
> > On Fri, 2008-11-21 at 12:12 -0700, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
> >> remove this
> >>
> >> worker.maintain=30
> >> worker.worker1.connection_pool_size=1
> >>

> >> for now, and just accept the defaults
> >>
> >> Filip
> >>

> > Wow!! That just made the trick!
> >

> > Please, can you explain me how those changes affects?
>
> Each Apache process has a private connection pool associated with each
> AJP13 worker. The size of the pool is determined automatically during
> startup. By default it is set to the number of threads in the process.
>
> You decided to overwrite the pool size to 1 :(
>
> The connection_pool_size attribute is only needed for other web servers
> like IIS or Sun/Netscape, because we can't determine a useful pool size
> automatically for them,
>
> Please read the explanation of "connection_pool_size" on
>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/workers.html
>
> Where did you get the value "1" from?
>
> Regards,
>
> Rainer

Thanks for the explain Rainer.

May be I just misunderstood the last paragraph at the description of
"connection_pool_size":

"Do not use connection_pool_size with values higher then 1 on Apache 2.x
prefork or Apache 1.3.x!"

Thanks again for your responses.

Martín

Re: Connectors and apache with mpm worker

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.

Posted by Martin Spinassi <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 2008-11-21 at 12:12 -0700, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
> remove this
>
> worker.maintain=30
> worker.worker1.connection_pool_size=1
>

> for now, and just accept the defaults
>
> Filip

Wow!! That just made the trick!

Please, can you explain me how those changes affects?

Thanks you very much! I've lost all the day trying to resolve this issue

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
remove this