Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net> on 2019/07/12 09:59:48 UTC

Draft of board report July 2019

This is the current draft of the board report. Please let me know if you
want anything added / changed.

Christian

 - Apache Aries delivers a set of pluggable Java components enabling an
enterprise OSGi application programming model.

## Issues:
 - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:

- In this period we have rather low activity as the upcoming OSGi specs are
still in early stage.
- Mainly fixes stable releases
- We now moved the main aries repo to git too. So now all Aries source code
is available on git and github which makes it easier for
  new contributors to propose changes.
- We decided to work on a new website that has a nicer design and is easier
to maintain.
  A new contributor François Papon offered to create the basic structure
and design for us.
- Last year we decided to have a regular change in PMC chair. So I will
call for proposals for a new PMC chair.

## Health report:
 - Health of the project is good. We have a low number of active committers
but activity is stable.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 41 PMC members.
 - Last PMC addition was Carlos Sierra Andrés on Tue Jul 03 2018

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 57 committers.
 - Amichai Rothman was added as a committer on Thu May 23 2019

## Releases:

 - rsa-1.14.0 was released on May 20 2019
 - jax-rs-whiteboard was released on May 31 2019
 - Aries Proxy 1.1.5 was release on Jun 21 2019
 - spifly-1.2.3 was released on Jul 08 2019

## JIRA activity:

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Computer Scientist