Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/04 01:02:36 UTC

Any maven repo mirrors in China?

Hi,

Do we have any maven repo mirrors in China? Our (Apache Tuscany project)
Chinese users always complain that their connections to repo1.maven.org are
very slow and it takes hours to run a build. Most of the time it fails in
the middle due to download issues.

Thanks,
Raymond

Re: Any maven repo mirrors in China?

Posted by Juven Xu <ju...@sonatype.com>.
Yeah, Nexus should be a good solution for you!

Currently there's no central mirror in China, the bandwidth in China is very
expensive. And since universities here use their own "education network", we
are not able to ask for help form them.

Finding a sponsor is not a easy thing :), but we will try.

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 11:34 AM, Jason van Zyl <jv...@sonatype.com> wrote:

> Juven might have a better idea, but you can definitely use Nexus to cache
> the artifacts on site so that once the artifacts were retrieved the local
> cache will be used. That will save a lot of bandwidth and time.
>
> http://nexus.sonatype.org
>

> On 3-Mar-09, at 4:02 PM, Raymond Feng wrote:
>
>  Hi,
>>
>> Do we have any maven repo mirrors in China? Our (Apache Tuscany project)
>> Chinese users always complain that their connections to repo1.maven.orgare very slow and it takes hours to run a build. Most of the time it fails
>> in the middle due to download issues.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Raymond

> Jason

> Jason van Zyl
> Founder,  Apache Maven
> http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
>
> People develop abstractions by generalizing from concrete examples.
> Every attempt to determine the correct abstraction on paper without
> actually developing a running system is doomed to failure. No one
> is that smart. A framework is a resuable design, so you develop it by
> looking at the things it is supposed to be a design of. The more examples
> you look at, the more general your framework will be.
>
>  -- Ralph Johnson & Don Roberts, Patterns for Evolving Frameworks

- juven

Re: Any maven repo mirrors in China?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@sonatype.com>.