Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Du Li <li...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID> on 2014/09/28 20:59:10 UTC

view not supported in spark thrift server?

Can anybody confirm whether or not view is currently supported in spark? I found “create view translate” in the blacklist of HiveCompatibilitySuite.scala and also the following scenario threw NullPointerException on beeline/thriftserver (1.1.0). Any plan to support it soon?

> create table src(k string, v string);

> load data local inpath '/home/y/share/yspark/examples/src/main/resources/kv1.txt' into table src;

> create view kv as select k, v from src;

> select * from kv;

Error: java.lang.NullPointerException (state=,code=0)

Re: view not supported in spark thrift server?

Posted by Du Li <li...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
Thanks, Michael, for your quick response.

View is critical for my project that is migrating from shark to spark SQL. I have implemented and tested everything else. It would be perfect if view could be implemented soon.

Du

From: Michael Armbrust <mi...@databricks.com>>
Date: Sunday, September 28, 2014 at 12:13 PM
To: Du Li <li...@yahoo-inc.com.invalid>>
Cc: "dev@spark.apache.org<ma...@spark.apache.org>" <de...@spark.apache.org>>, "user@spark.apache.org<ma...@spark.apache.org>" <us...@spark.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: view not supported in spark thrift server?

Views are not supported yet.  Its not currently on the near term roadmap, but that can change if there is sufficient demand or someone in the community is interested in implementing them.  I do not think it would be very hard.

Michael

Posted by Du Li <li...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.

From: Michael Armbrust <mi...@databricks.com>>
Date: Sunday, September 28, 2014 at 12:13 PM