Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/19 18:00:42 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache opennlp-1.5.2-incubating-rc6

Hi all,

please review and vote on approving the release of Apache OpenNLP.

The Apache OpenNLP library is a machine learning based toolkit for the
processing of natural language text.
It supports the most common NLP tasks, such as tokenization, sentence
segmentation,
part-of-speech tagging, named entity extraction, chunking, parsing, and
coreference resolution.

We added the missing DISCLAIMER files and updated mentions
of OpenNLP to be compliant with the branding requirements.

The OpenNLP community approved the release of opennlp-1.5.2-rc6 in this
vote thread
with 5 binding votes and 1 +1 non-binding vote. No other votes were
received.
Vote thread:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-opennlp-dev/201111.mbox/%3C4EC3C861.1050109%40gmail.com%3E

The release artifacts and rat reports can be found here:
http://people.apache.org/~joern/releases/opennlp-1.5.2-incubating/rc6/

SVN tag:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/opennlp/tags/opennlp-1.5.2-incubating-rc6/

KEYS file:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/opennlp/tags/opennlp-1.5.2-incubating-rc6/KEYS

Our release contains multiple sub-projects, the rat reports have been
generated
for each of these sub-projects.

Many thanks for your support,
Jörn

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache opennlp-1.5.2-incubating-rc6

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2011-11-25, Jörn Kottmann wrote:

> On 11/25/11 12:23 PM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>> I'd be happy to give you my +1 if we can come up with an svn tag that
>> matches your release artifacts.

> I created a branch based on rc5. Did some changes there and run the
> maven release tool from that branch.  The release was build correctly,
> but somehow the tagging went wrong.

> I copied now the correct revision of the release branch to the rc6.

Yes, only white-space differences now, which are to be expected.

+1 for the release artifacts and the tag in svn revision 1206177

Stefan

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache opennlp-1.5.2-incubating-rc6

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
On 11/25/11 12:23 PM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On 11/19/11 6:00 PM, Jörn Kottmann wrote:
>
>> please review and vote on approving the release of Apache OpenNLP.
> There are some differences between the svn tag and the source
> distribution.  The tag doesn't have any DISCLAIMER and the names in the
> POMs are different (Apache OpenNLP in the release vs OpenNLP in the tag)
> the same is true for some xdocs.  Are you sure the tag is what the
> release has been cut from?  The scm URLs inside the tag point to rc5 if
> this is of any help.
>
> Otherwise sigs and hashes are good. NOTICE, LICENSE and DISCLAIMER
> appear to be where they are required in the release artifacts.  RAT is
> reasonably happy and I was able to build from the source distribution.
>
> I'd be happy to give you my +1 if we can come up with an svn tag that
> matches your release artifacts.

I created a branch based on rc5. Did some changes there and
run the maven release tool from that branch.
The release was build correctly, but somehow the tagging went wrong.

I copied now the correct revision of the release branch to the rc6.

Please have a look again.

Thanks,

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

we got one +1 vote here and one on our dev
list from an IPMC member.

We need one more +1 vote to be able to
release.

Please cast your votes.

Thanks,
Jörn

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
2011/11/19 Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>

> Hi all,
>
> please review and vote on approving the release of Apache OpenNLP.
>
> The Apache OpenNLP library is a machine learning based toolkit for the
> processing of natural language text.
> It supports the most common NLP tasks, such as tokenization, sentence
> segmentation,
> part-of-speech tagging, named entity extraction, chunking, parsing, and
> coreference resolution.
>
> We added the missing DISCLAIMER files and updated mentions
> of OpenNLP to be compliant with the branding requirements.
>
> The OpenNLP community approved the release of opennlp-1.5.2-rc6 in this
> vote thread
> with 5 binding votes and 1 +1 non-binding vote. No other votes were
> received.
> Vote thread:
> http://mail-archives.apache.**org/mod_mbox/incubator-**
> opennlp-dev/201111.mbox/%**3C4EC3C861.1050109%40gmail.**com%3E<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-opennlp-dev/201111.mbox/%3C4EC3C861.1050109%40gmail.com%3E>
>
> The release artifacts and rat reports can be found here:
> http://people.apache.org/~**joern/releases/opennlp-1.5.2-**incubating/rc6/<http://people.apache.org/~joern/releases/opennlp-1.5.2-incubating/rc6/>
>
> SVN tag:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/**asf/incubator/opennlp/tags/**
> opennlp-1.5.2-incubating-rc6/<https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/opennlp/tags/opennlp-1.5.2-incubating-rc6/>
>
> KEYS file:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/**asf/incubator/opennlp/tags/**
> opennlp-1.5.2-incubating-rc6/**KEYS<https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/opennlp/tags/opennlp-1.5.2-incubating-rc6/KEYS>
>
> Our release contains multiple sub-projects, the rat reports have been
> generated
> for each of these sub-projects.

binaries and source packages look good, unpacked sources and the SVN tag
build flawlessly.
+1
Tommaso

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache opennlp-1.5.2-incubating-rc6

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
The vote passes. We received three binding +1 votes.
No other votes were received.

The following people voted:
+1 Benson Margulies (on opennlp-dev list)
+1 Tommaso Teofili
+1 Stefan Bodewig

Thanks for voting!

Jörn