Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jim Serio <ji...@rollercoaster.com> on 2000/02/18 19:26:21 UTC

Bugzilla

Has anyone ported Bugzilla over to modperl? It seems
they use some older cgi libs so I would assume this
would be quite a task.

Jim

Re: Bugzilla

Posted by Matt Sergeant <ma...@sergeant.org>.
On Fri, 18 Feb 2000, Mark Madsen wrote:
> Not to modperl yet, but we are working with the Bugzilla group to finish a
> firm DBI and DBD::Oracle port which we hope they'll accept and roll into the
> codebase.  Longer term, I'd been hoping we could *then* port to mod_perl and
> specifically to Apache::ASP which we use extensively on top of mod_perl.

Any chance of using DBIx::AnyDBD, so that adding other database support is
trivial? Let me know if you need any more info or help with that module.

--
<Matt/>

Details: FastNet Software Ltd - XML, Perl, Databases.
Tagline: High Performance Web Solutions
Web Sites: http://come.to/fastnet http://sergeant.org
Available for Consultancy, Contracts and Training.

Re: Bugzilla

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Mark Madsen wrote:

> Not to modperl yet, but we are working with the Bugzilla group to finish a
> firm DBI and DBD::Oracle port which we hope they'll accept and roll into the
> codebase.  Longer term, I'd been hoping we could *then* port to mod_perl and
> specifically to Apache::ASP which we use extensively on top of mod_perl.

That's huge!  Let me know if you have any sites, like your
Bugzilla, that are using Apache::ASP, and I'll be sure to link
them at http://www.nodeworks.com/asp/sites.html ... also if you
would like me to include your Bugzilla port with Apache::ASP,
I'd be happy to include it with whatever licences & disclaimers
you need to throw in there.

Best Regards,

Joshua

Joshua Chamas			        Chamas Enterprises Inc.
NodeWorks >> free web link monitoring	Huntington Beach, CA  USA

Re: Bugzilla

Posted by Mark Madsen <ma...@internap.com>.

Re: Bugzilla

Posted by Ask Bjoern Hansen <as...@valueclick.com>.
On Fri, 18 Feb 2000, Jim Serio wrote:

> Has anyone ported Bugzilla over to modperl? It seems
> they use some older cgi libs so I would assume this
> would be quite a task.

I have some of it half done. Will try to get it in to the main
distribution if I ever get it finished.

 - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen - <http://www.netcetera.dk/~ask/>