Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2007/07/31 10:30:05 UTC

WARNING of schema changes

I fixed some bugs in trunk and expect to port them back to 2.0
shortly as soon as I verify it builds and causes no obvious tck
problems.  However the change is not backwards compatible so I
thought a warning would be a good idea.

GERONIMO-2286 GERONIMO-1874 GERONIMO-3140

The backwards incompatible change is to use patternType for external-
rar in the app client plan and external-path in the ear plan.  The
previous strings will now give validation errors.

The functionality improvement is that I've hooked up an
ArtifactResolver to the code that processes these, so you can provide
incomplete patterns and geronimo will try to fill them in.  In
particular you don't need to specify the version (as long as there's
only one) so e.g. the same daytrader plan will work for multiple g
versions after this.

I think but haven't proved that this also is a big help for
GERONIMO-3140 where IIRC I found that client_artifact_aliases wasn't
getting used during app client deployment, instead the already
started module on the "left side" of
client_artifact_aliases.properties was getting used.

Anyway when I check things are still fine I will commit to 2.0 and
update the daytrader plan.  Right now daytrader will work against 2.0
but not trunk.

thanks
david jencks

Re: WARNING of schema changes

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
I've merged this with 2.0 and updated daytrader plans.  Let me know
if there are any problems.

thanks
david jencks