Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Yoav Shapira <yo...@apache.org> on 2006/11/20 13:14:22 UTC

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Please welcome Elias Ross as a new Log4j committer

Hi,

On 11/20/06, Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com> wrote:
> Congratulations Elias!  You are the newest committer of the Log4j
> team.  Welcome!
>
> Yoav, Curt, or someone else in the know about infrastructure
> stuff;  can you get Elias set up properly?

Welcome aboard Elias! ;)

The rough order of infrastructure things is like this:
-- Elias needs to accept the invitation and let us know of his
preferred apache.org user ID and a backup user ID in case the primary
one is taken already (not done yet)
-- Elias to sign and fax CLA (done)
-- Jim (Jagielski, the ASF secretary) to receive and acknowledge CLA
(done, as one can verify at
http://people.apache.org/~jim/committers.html)
-- The Logging PMC chair (Curt) to send an email to root@apache.org,
CCing the Logging PMC, asking for an account to be created for Elias
(this takes a couple of days typically)
-- Once Elias received an email from root@apache.org with his initial
password, he should login and follow the directions at
http://www.apache.org/dev/new-committers-guide.html#committer-what-is
to set up his account
-- Once Elias' account is active, the Logging PMC chair (Curt) needs
to give Elias logging commit karma by editing the infrastructure
svn-authorization file (I technically have access to this file due to
other non-Logging work I do at Apache, but it's really the PMC chair
who should do the editing for his/her PMC permissions)

Yoav