Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Bill Gunty <li...@jericon.net> on 2008/09/04 04:34:08 UTC

Bayesian Test Oddities

I recently did a --force-expire on my bayesian database as I was getting
some false positives with it and the information it in was getting to be
over a year old.  Since then, when automatically scanning, bayesian
tests are not being run.  This can be seen in the headers of each of my
inbound emails.  I took one of the messages that SpamAssassin did not
tag as SPAM and ran it through manually (spamassassin -D < emailfile)
and bayesian tests were run, marking the message as high spam.

Any ideas why the test is running when I manually scan a message, but
not automatically as it was doing prior to the --force-expire?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Bayesian Test Oddities

Posted by Duane Hill <d....@yournetplus.com>.
On Wed, 3 Sep 2008, Bill Gunty wrote:

> I recently did a --force-expire on my bayesian database as I was getting some
> false positives with it and the information it in was getting to be over a
> year old.  Since then, when automatically scanning, bayesian tests are not
> being run.  This can be seen in the headers of each of my inbound emails.  I
> took one of the messages that SpamAssassin did not tag as SPAM and ran it
> through manually (spamassassin -D < emailfile) and bayesian tests were run,
> marking the message as high spam.
>
> Any ideas why the test is running when I manually scan a message, but not
> automatically as it was doing prior to the --force-expire?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Perhaps the automated scan is running under a different user than when you
did a manual scan.

It's common.

-d