Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Jaboy Mathai <ja...@flytxt.com> on 2018/05/31 12:45:13 UTC

Reg: Oozie 4.1.0 having jdbc error

Hi Team,

Need help.

Have oozie 4.1.0 installed in RHEL 7.5 in node1. In the same network, we
have mariadb 5.5.41 (mariadb.x86_64) in node5(earlier we had version 5.5.56
but we changed that, assuming compatibility issues). Oozie gets started
normally , but when I try to start to run the workflow, I get jdbc error in
oozie.log

*Logs below:*

Launcher ERROR, reason: Main class
[org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.JavaMain], main() threw exception,
org.springframework.jdbc.CannotGetJdbcConnectionException: Could not get
JDBC Connection; nested exception is
org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create
PoolableConnectionFactory (Communications link failure

The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The
driver has not received any packets from the server.)

2018-05-31 08:12:23,641  WARN JavaActionExecutor:544 - SERVER[
svdt5neonhadoop01.safaricom.net] USER[hadoop] GROUP[-] TOKEN[]
APP[SAFARICOM_KENYA_CBS_RECHARGE] JOB[0000001-180531081106985-oozie-hado-W]
ACTION[0000001-180531081106985-oozie-hado-W@GetProcessedFileDetails_Recharge_infile]
Launcher exception:
org.springframework.jdbc.CannotGetJdbcConnectionException: Could not get
JDBC Connection; nested exception is
org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create
PoolableConnectionFactory (Communications link failure

The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The
driver has not received any packets from the server.)

        at org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.JavaMain.run(JavaMain.java:58)

        at
org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.LauncherMain.run(LauncherMain.java:39)

        at org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.JavaMain.main(JavaMain.java:36)

        at

        at

        at
org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.LauncherMapper.map(LauncherMapper.java:226)

        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapRunner.run(MapRunner.java:54)

        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runOldMapper(MapTask.java:450)

        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild$2.run(YarnChild.java:163)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1628)

        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild.main(YarnChild.java:158)

Caused by: org.springframework.jdbc.CannotGetJdbcConnectionException: Could
not get JDBC Connection; nested exception is
org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create
PoolableConnectionFactory (Communications link failure

We have checked the port 3306 for mariadb using ‘nmap’ in linux and have
checked the connection hops from node1 to node5 (using traceroute)and found
that , there is only a single hop, that is, node1 is directly accessing
node5 and vice-versa in the network(no switch IP shown intraceroute output
or switch firewalls expected).

Checked for iptables and firewalls – no firewalls are running in the
cluster.

*Please note:* Same job (workflow.xml) is running fine in one of our other
cluster with below versions:

Oozie 4.1.0  , RHEL 7.3   and database in mariadb 5.5.41.

*Attaching the logs having oozie startup and the job run log having the
error, with this e-mail.*

*Is there any issue with oozie 4.1.0 working in RHEL 7.5 ?*

Tried to install oozie 4.3.0 but I am stuck as per below screenshot, when I
try to run below command:

# ./mkdistro.sh –DskipTests

I am able to wget the apache-17.pom from the linux shell prompt but the
build process fails. We have added the required proxy to access the
internet. I don’t know if any proxy to be added so that the build process
comes to know about the internet availability through proxy.

Please suggest a solution with the shortest approach possible to solve
this. Will appreciate if someone have the oozie 4.3.0 for RHEL 7.5 readily
available and could share.

Below is the oozie related settings:

WARN: Use of this script is deprecated; use 'oozied.sh stop' instead

Setting OOZIE_HOME:          /usr/local/oozie

Setting OOZIE_CONFIG:        /usr/local/oozie/conf

Sourcing:                    /usr/local/oozie/conf/oozie-env.sh

  setting CATALINA_OPTS="$CATALINA_OPTS -Xmx1024m"

  setting OOZIE_BASE_URL="http://
${OOZIE_HTTP_HOSTNAME}:${OOZIE_HTTP_PORT}/oozie"

Setting OOZIE_CONFIG_FILE:   oozie-site.xml

Setting OOZIE_DATA:          /usr/local/oozie/data

Setting OOZIE_LOG:           /usr/local/oozie/logs

Setting OOZIE_LOG4J_FILE:    oozie-log4j.properties

Setting OOZIE_LOG4J_RELOAD:  10

Setting OOZIE_HTTP_HOSTNAME: svdt5neonhadoop01.safaricom.net

Setting OOZIE_HTTP_PORT:     11000

Setting OOZIE_ADMIN_PORT:     11001

Setting OOZIE_HTTPS_PORT:     11443

Using   OOZIE_BASE_URL:      http://:/oozie

Setting CATALINA_BASE:       /usr/local/oozie/oozie-server

Setting OOZIE_HTTPS_KEYSTORE_FILE:     /home/hadoop/.keystore

Setting OOZIE_HTTPS_KEYSTORE_PASS:     password

Setting OOZIE_INSTANCE_ID:       svdt5neonhadoop01.safaricom.net

Setting CATALINA_OUT:        /usr/local/oozie/logs/catalina.out

Setting CATALINA_PID:        /usr/local/oozie/oozie-server/temp/oozie.pid

Using   CATALINA_OPTS:        -Xmx1024m
-Dderby.stream.error.file=/usr/local/oozie/logs/derby.log

Adding to CATALINA_OPTS:     -Doozie.home.dir=/usr/local/oozie
-Doozie.config.dir=/usr/local/oozie/conf
-Doozie.log.dir=/usr/local/oozie/logs
-Doozie.data.dir=/usr/local/oozie/data -Doozie.instance.id=
svdt5neonhadoop01.safaricom.net -Doozie.config.file=oozie-site.xml
-Doozie.log4j.file=oozie-log4j.properties -Doozie.log4j.reload=10
-Doozie.http.hostname=svdt5neonhadoop01.safaricom.net
-Doozie.admin.port=11001 -Doozie.http.port=11000 -Doozie.https.port=11443
-Doozie.base.url=http://:/oozie
-Doozie.https.keystore.file=/home/hadoop/.keystore
-Doozie.https.keystore.pass=password -Djava.library.path=

Using CATALINA_BASE:   /usr/local/oozie/oozie-server

Using CATALINA_HOME:   /usr/local/oozie/oozie-server

Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/local/oozie/oozie-server/temp

Using JRE_HOME:        /usr/java/jdk1.7.0_67

Using CLASSPATH:       /usr/local/oozie/oozie-server/bin/bootstrap.jar

Using CATALINA_PID:    /usr/local/oozie/oozie-server/temp/oozie.pid

Thanks & Regards,

*Jaboy Mathai*

RE: Reg: Oozie 4.1.0 having jdbc error

Posted by Jaboy Mathai <ja...@flytxt.com>.
Dear Peter,

There are 3 folders for the jar files in oozie home folder : 'lib' ,
'libext' and 'libtools'. When I build oozie , I had Hadoop jar version
'2.4.0' which I saw in 'lib' folder, but in 'libext' I had '2.6.0' version.
Then I changed the jars in 'lib' folder to '2.6.0' to make the versions look
similar in the oozie classpath. But that did not solve the issue. Hence the
'No such method Error' issue remains.

Oozie has been compiled for RHEL 7.5  and Hadoop 2.6.0 .

Best Regards
Jaboy

Posted by Peter Cseh <ge...@cloudera.com>.
Hey!