Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Daniel Gruno <ru...@cord.dk> on 2016/05/19 15:13:55 UTC

Looking for a champion (and maybe a mentor)

Hi folks!

We (a bunch of ASF people and then some) are looking for a champion for
a new podling proposal called Pony Mail. Unfortunately, the original
champion had to bow out due to time constraints, so we are looking for a
new one. We are mostly ASF/IPMC members, so we could do it ourselves,
but we'd love it if someone not too heavily involved with the codebase
could champion it.

The initial proposal can be found at:
https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/PonyMailProposal

And, well, the software can be found in action at
https://lists.apache.org among other places :)

Looking forward to your replies!

With regards,
Daniel.

Re: Looking for a champion (and maybe a mentor)

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Daniel,

I would love to participate but I have to limit projects on which I'm
involved to guarantee a good participation and help ;)

Sorry to not being able to join ;)

Regards
JB

On 05/19/2016 05:13 PM, Daniel Gruno wrote:
> Hi folks!
>
> We (a bunch of ASF people and then some) are looking for a champion for
> a new podling proposal called Pony Mail. Unfortunately, the original
> champion had to bow out due to time constraints, so we are looking for a
> new one. We are mostly ASF/IPMC members, so we could do it ourselves,
> but we'd love it if someone not too heavily involved with the codebase
> could champion it.
>
> The initial proposal can be found at:
> https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/PonyMailProposal
>
> And, well, the software can be found in action at
> https://lists.apache.org among other places :)
>
> Looking forward to your replies!
>
> With regards,
> Daniel.

Jean-Baptiste Onofr�
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: Looking for a champion (and maybe a mentor)

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
Daniel,

what are your expectations for the Champion? IPMC has recently
discussed doing away with the role altogether since it doesn't seem
to add any value on top of active mentors. Whether that happens
or not, I'm still surprised you're specifically seeking out a champion.

Thanks,
Roman.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
me me me

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.
On 05/19/2016 05:34 PM, Suneel Marthi wrote:
> I can volunteer to champion this

Thanks a bunch!

As Roman mentioned, this is not a huge role to take on these days,
mostly lending your name to the proposal. If/when we become a podling,
I'll take care of the usual podling clutch setup, but you are more than
welcome to help out wherever you feel like :)

I'll add your name to the proposal and we'll get started with the it
shortly :)

With regards,
Daniel.

Posted by Suneel Marthi <su...@gmail.com>.