Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Guillaume Belrose <ka...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/20 19:35:16 UTC

Ansible playbook for building RPMS for CouchDB 2.0 on CentOS 6.x

Hi all,
I’ve put together a prototype Ansible role / playbook to compile and package the latest CouchDB (from source) as an RPM.
I hope this is useful for someone.
Guillaume

Re: Ansible playbook for building RPMS for CouchDB 2.0 on CentOS 6.x

Posted by Guillaume Belrose <ka...@gmail.com>.
Thanks,
I need to sort out the RPMs so they contain the appropriate metadata (i.e. what an RPM provides, and what it requires).
I find that Ansible is pretty good for turning manual instructions into actionable recipes and it is really useful when you start deploying distributed systems (like a CouchDB 2 cluster).
Guillaume.

On 21 January 2016 at 07:12:55, Kyle Snavely (kjsnavely@gmail.com) wrote:

Thanks for sharing these. They are a nice example for someone breaking out
of the single-file Ansible playbook category. You've got some good blog
posts around the subject as well.

Posted by Kyle Snavely <kj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Belrose <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Belrose <ka...@gmail.com>.