Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Soumendu Bhattacharya <so...@non.agilent.com> on 2012/03/02 10:59:20 UTC

[users@httpd] Conditional disabling of caching (mod_cache) based on presence of certain cookie possible ?

Hi,

        We use Apache + mod_cache for caching our website. Our mod_cache
rule is such that it enables caching for all and then selectively certain
url pattern is disabled (like some contexts). Currently the need is that if
a certain cookie is present , the same url which was originally cached ,
should now be prevented from caching. Say I was caching xyz.com/a/b.html ,
but now if a certain cookie say NO-CACHE is present , the same
xyz.com/a/b.html should not be served from cache. The url's which can
contain NO-CACHE cookie is not limited (cannot be defined fully) and hence
it looks like I need to check the presence of this cookie and then figure
out a way to prevent (if the cookie is present) Apache from serving the
content from cache.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Regards

Soumendu

Re: [users@httpd] Conditional disabling of caching (mod_cache) based on presence of certain cookie possible ?

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 02.03.12 15:29, Soumendu Bhattacharya wrote:
>        We use Apache + mod_cache for caching our website. Our mod_cache
>rule is such that it enables caching for all and then selectively certain
>url pattern is disabled (like some contexts). Currently the need is that if
>a certain cookie is present , the same url which was originally cached ,
>should now be prevented from caching. Say I was caching xyz.com/a/b.html ,
>but now if a certain cookie say NO-CACHE is present , the same
>xyz.com/a/b.html should not be served from cache. The url's which can
>contain NO-CACHE cookie is not limited (cannot be defined fully) and hence
>it looks like I need to check the presence of this cookie and then figure
>out a way to prevent (if the cookie is present) Apache from serving the
>content from cache.

Why a cookie? There's Cache-Control: HTTP header designed for this, not
Cookie:

Linux IS user friendly, it's just selective who its friends are...