Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Ted Husted <te...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/08 12:33:17 UTC

Transparency in voting and reporting (was Re: svn commit: r178965 )

On 7/7/05, Noel J. Bergman <no...@devtech.com> wrote:
> And by documenting the existing practices, I "catalyzed" this discussion,
> which may result in further change.  Roy seems to be proposing a compromise
> of sorts, where the discussion and vote are on the private list, but the
> announcement on the public list includes the itemized result of the
> positive, private, vote.

On a related topic:

* Should the status report to the board be copied  to pmc/private@,
dev@, user@, or not copied elsewhere?

-Ted.

Re: Transparency in voting and reporting (was Re: svn commit: r178965 )

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
I always copy Geronimo to pmc@, with the theory that if there's ASF-
only information then it's contained via board and pmc being member-
private-at-worst, and anything that is public will come out in the
minutes.

geir

geirm@apache.org