Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Mara Ruvalcaba <ma...@sg.com.mx> on 2021/10/06 15:55:37 UTC

Apache Airflow Community Meetup

*Apache Airflow Community Meetup*

/We are looking forward to having you tomorrow!/

🗓 👉 Meetup agenda for October 7th, 10am PST
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FHWYnaPWfRtX14z7OGdUN_-54NkEEXZmwOJ8HlwyjeQ/edit>👈
🗓

*Add this event to your calendar: https://bit.ly/2YmqYtO
<https://bit.ly/2YmqYtO>*

Airflow Meetups T.png

*🎙 About the speaker*

Elijah Scheele. As VP of Engineering at Drift Bio, he gets to apply the
latest and greatest engineering and architecture tools to complex
bioinformatics pipelines.

*🔔Drift Bio: The Future of Microbial Genomics with Apache Airflow*

In recent years, the bioinformatics world has seen an explosion in
genomic analysis as gene sequencing technologies have become
exponentially cheaper. Tests that previously would have cost tens of
thousands of dollars will soon run at pennies per sequence. This glut of
data has exposed a notable bottleneck in the current suite of
technologies available to bioinformaticians. At Drift Biotechnologies,
we use Apache Airflow to transition traditionally on-premise large scale
data and deep learning workflows for bioinformatics to the cloud, with
an emphasis on workflows and data from next generation sequencing
technologies.* Remember we will have a Q&A session at the end of the
meetup. Don't miss it*

*
*

*📣 We are looking for speakers!*

Share your knowledge and use cases on Apache Airflow with the community,
sign up as a meetup speaker now: https://bit.ly/3lhp1aR
<https://bit.ly/3lhp1aR>

1:1 <https://softwareguru.slack.com/archives/D025HNALFSS/p1633457411008000>

*Best regards,*