Posted to user@avro.apache.org by dirko <dp...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/06 11:18:23 UTC

Possible issue with python twisted buffering?

I am using the txipc module to send and receive arrays of records. (using
sample_http_client.py and sample_http_server.py from
https://github.com/apache/avro/tree/trunk/lang/py/test as base)

 It seems that when the message becomes too large the ResumeProducing(self)
method is called. In this method the line "self.write(self)" occurs.

This gives the exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/python/log.py", line
88, in callWithLogger
    return callWithContext({"system": lp}, func, *args, **kw)
  File "anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/python/log.py", line
73, in callWithContext
    return context.call({ILogContext: newCtx}, func, *args, **kw)
  File "anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/python/context.py",
line 118, in callWithContext
    return self.currentContext().callWithContext(ctx, func, *args, **kw)
  File "anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/python/context.py",
line 81, in callWithContext
    return func(*args,**kw)
--- <exception caught here> ---
  File
"anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/selectreactor.py",
line 151, in _doReadOrWrite
    why = getattr(selectable, method)()
  File "anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/abstract.py",
line 276, in doWrite
    self.producer.resumeProducing()
  File "anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/avro/txipc.py", line 100, in
resumeProducing
    self.write(self)
exceptions.TypeError: write() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)

Is there a solution/workaround or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks!