Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by huaxin gao <hu...@gmail.com> on 2022/01/21 03:59:23 UTC

[VOTE] Release Spark 3.2.1 (RC2)

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version
3.2.1. The vote is open until 8:00pm Pacific time January 25 and passes if
a majority +1 PMC votes are cast, with a minimum of 3 +1 votes. [ ] +1
Release this package as Apache Spark 3.2.1[ ] -1 Do not release this
package because ... To learn more about Apache Spark, please see
http://spark.apache.org/ The tag to be voted on is v3.2.1-rc2 (commit
4f25b3f71238a00508a356591553f2dfa89f8290):
https://github.com/apache/spark/tree/v3.2.1-rc2
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v3.2.1-rc2-bin/
Signatures used for Spark RCs can be found in this file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/KEYS The staging repository
for this release can be found at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1398/

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v3.2.1-rc2-docs/_site/
The list of bug fixes going into 3.2.1 can be found at the following URL:
https://s.apache.org/yu0cy

This release is using the release script of the tag v3.2.1-rc2. FAQ
========================= How can I help test this release?
========================= If you are a Spark user, you can help us test
this release by taking an existing Spark workload and running on this
release candidate, then reporting any regressions. If you're working in
PySpark you can set up a virtual env and install the current RC and see if
anything important breaks, in the Java/Scala you can add the staging
repository to your projects resolvers and test with the RC (make sure to
clean up the artifact cache before/after so you don't end up building with
a out of date RC going forward).
=========================================== What should happen to JIRA
tickets still targeting 3.2.1? ===========================================
The current list of open tickets targeted at 3.2.1 can be found at:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK and search for "Target
Version/s" = 3.2.1 Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely
important bug fixes, documentation, and API tweaks that impact
compatibility should be worked on immediately. Everything else please
retarget to an appropriate release. ================== But my bug isn't
fixed? ================== In order to make timely releases, we will
typically not hold the release unless the bug in question is a regression
from the previous release. That being said, if there is something which is
a regression that has not been correctly targeted please ping me or a
committer to help target the issue.

Re: [VOTE] Release Spark 3.2.1 (RC2)

Posted by Yuming Wang <wg...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Wenchen Fan <cl...@gmail.com>.
+1

回复: [VOTE] Release Spark 3.2.1 (RC2)

Posted by Ruifeng Zheng <ru...@foxmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

From: Chao Sun <sunchao@apache.org&gt;
 Date: Monday, January 24, 2022 at 2:10 PM
 To: Michael Heuer <heuermh@gmail.com&gt;
 Cc: dev <dev@spark.apache.org&gt;
 Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Spark 3.2.1 (RC2)

+1 (non-binding)

&nbsp;

On Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 6:32 AM Michael Heuer <heuermh@gmail.com&gt; wrote:

+1 (non-binding)

&nbsp;

&nbsp; &nbsp;michael

&nbsp;

&nbsp;

On Jan 24, 2022, at 7:30 AM, Gengliang Wang <ltnwgl@gmail.com&gt; wrote:

&nbsp;

+1 (non-binding)

&nbsp;

On Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 6:26 PM Dongjoon Hyun <dongjoon.hyun@gmail.com&gt; wrote:

+1

&nbsp;

Dongjoon.

&nbsp;

On Sat, Jan 22, 2022 at 7:19 AM Mridul Muralidharan <mridul@gmail.com&gt; wrote:

&nbsp;

+1&nbsp;

&nbsp;

On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 9:59 PM huaxin gao <huaxin.gao11@gmail.com&gt; wrote:

Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Spark version 3.2.1. The vote is open until 8:00pm Pacific time January  25 and passes if a majority +1 PMC votes are cast, with a minimum of 3 +1 votes. [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Spark 3.2.1

[ ] -1 Do not release this package because ... To learn more about Apache Spark, please see http://spark.apache.org/ The tag to be voted on is v3.2.1-rc2 (commit&nbsp;

4f25b3f71238a00508a356591553f2dfa89f8290):

https://github.com/apache/spark/tree/v3.2.1-rc2&nbsp;

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v3.2.1-rc2-bin/&nbsp;

Signatures used for Spark RCs can be found in this file: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/KEYS The staging repository for this release can be found at:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1398/

&nbsp;

The documentation corresponding to this release can be found at:&nbsp;

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v3.2.1-rc2-docs/_site/&nbsp;

Posted by Kent Yao <ya...@apache.org>.
+1, non-binding

Posted by John Zhuge <jz...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Cheng Su <ch...@fb.com.INVALID>.
+1 (non-binding)

Cheng Su

From: Chao Sun <su...@apache.org>
Date: Monday, January 24, 2022 at 2:10 PM
To: Michael Heuer <he...@gmail.com>
Cc: dev <de...@spark.apache.org>

[ ] -1 Do not release this package because ... To learn more about Apache Spark, please see http://spark.apache.org/<http://spark.apache.org/> The tag to be voted on is v3.2.1-rc2 (commit
4f25b3f71238a00508a356591553f2dfa89f8290):
https://github.com/apache/spark/tree/v3.2.1-rc2
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v3.2.1-rc2-bin/<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v3.2.1-rc2-bin/>
Signatures used for Spark RCs can be found in this file: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/KEYS<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/KEYS> The staging repository for this release can be found at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1398/<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachespark-1398/>

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v3.2.1-rc2-docs/_site/<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/spark/v3.2.1-rc2-docs/_site/>
The list of bug fixes going into 3.2.1 can be found at the following URL:
https://s.apache.org/yu0cy<https://s.apache.org/yu0cy>

This release is using the release script of the tag v3.2.1-rc2. FAQ ========================= How can I help test this release? ========================= If you are a Spark user, you can help us test this release by taking an existing Spark workload and running on this release candidate, then reporting any regressions. If you're working in PySpark you can set up a virtual env and install the current RC and see if anything important breaks, in the Java/Scala you can add the staging repository to your projects resolvers and test with the RC (make sure to clean up the artifact cache before/after so you don't end up building with a out of date RC going forward). =========================================== What should happen to JIRA tickets still targeting 3.2.1? =========================================== The current list of open tickets targeted at 3.2.1 can be found at: https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK<https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK> and search for "Target Version/s" = 3.2.1 Committers should look at those and triage. Extremely important bug fixes, documentation, and API tweaks that impact compatibility should be worked on immediately. Everything else please retarget to an appropriate release. ================== But my bug isn't fixed? ================== In order to make timely releases, we will typically not hold the release unless the bug in question is a regression from the previous release. That being said, if there is something which is a regression that has not been correctly targeted please ping me or a committer to help target the issue.

Re: [VOTE] Release Spark 3.2.1 (RC2)

Posted by Chao Sun <su...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Michael Heuer <he...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Gengliang Wang <lt...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Mridul Muralidharan <mr...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Maciej <ms...@gmail.com>.
I closed the ticket as a duplicate of SPARK-29444

This behavior is neither a bug nor a regression and there is already a
documented writer (or global) option that be can be used to modify it.

--
Best regards,
Maciej Szymkiewicz

Web: https://zero323.net
PGP: A30CEF0C31A501EC

Re: [VOTE] Release Spark 3.2.1 (RC2)

Posted by Holden Karau <ho...@pigscanfly.ca>.
On Fri, Jan 21, 2022 at 6:48 PM Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Continue on the ticket - I am not sure this is established. We would block
> a release for critical problems that are not regressions. This is not a
> data loss / 'deleting data' issue even if valid.
> You're welcome to provide feedback but votes are for the PMC.

To be clear users and developers are more than welcome to vote, but only
PMC votes are binding.

> On Fri, Jan 21, 2022 at 5:24 PM Bjørn Jørgensen <bj...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Ok, but deleting users' data without them knowing it is never a good
>> idea. That's why I give this RC -1.
>>
>> lør. 22. jan. 2022 kl. 00:16 skrev Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>:
>>
>>> (Bjorn - unless this is a regression, it would not block a release, even
>>> if it's a bug)

>> --
>> Bjørn Jørgensen
>> Vestre Aspehaug 4
>> <https://www.google.com/maps/search/Vestre+Aspehaug+4?entry=gmail&source=g>,
>> 6010 Ålesund
>> Norge
>>
>> +47 480 94 297

Books (Learning Spark, High Performance Spark, etc.):
https://amzn.to/2MaRAG9  <https://amzn.to/2MaRAG9>
YouTube Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/user/holdenkarau

Re: [VOTE] Release Spark 3.2.1 (RC2)

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.