Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by "J. Steinhilper" <xs...@spamgourmet.com> on 2010/11/19 13:15:11 UTC

[INFO] Building xsec_lib using VC9

Hi,

Sorry for putting this on the mailing list, but I don't know if it's worth
reporting it as BUG.

I discovered a really minor issue when compiling the xsec lib VC9 project from
the santuario trunk (rev. 1033870):

The cpp file 'XSECCryptoProvider.cpp' is missing in the 'Project'
(xsec_lib\enc\XSECCryptoProvider.cpp').
This will cause linker errors caused by the non-existing exports from the cpp
module ;-)

=> Adding the existing file to the project will fix it.

I hope this info will somebody help in saving time...

Regards,
Joerg

RE: Compatibiliy of XML Signature generated using Java and C++ implementation of Apache XML security

Posted by "Mazumdar, Subrata (Subrata)" <ma...@avaya.com>.
Thanks Scott.
--
Subrata

Posted by "Cantor, Scott E." <ca...@osu.edu>.

Posted by "Mazumdar, Subrata (Subrata)" <ma...@avaya.com>.
Hi,
Has anybody done any compatibility test of XML signature generated using
Java and C++ versions Apache XML Security tool ?
Can I assume that a valid signature generated C++ componenet will be
verified  correctly by the Java component and vice-versa?
I undersatnd that they are two independnet components but what is the
paint of using standard if they are compatible.
Thanks.
--
Subrata

RE: [INFO] Building xsec_lib using VC9

Posted by Scott Cantor <ca...@osu.edu>.
> In short: I could provide this if desired...
> But to be honest, I'm not familiar with the development process at Apache
> and I don't know when this point (Release Candidate) would be reached.

The RC is out. But you should pull the latest svn trunk and try that set of
project files, since I patched them.

-- Scott

Re: [INFO] Building xsec_lib using VC9

Posted by "J. Steinhilper" <xs...@spamgourmet.com>.
Scott Cantor <cantor.2 <at> osu.edu> writes:

> FYI, I took a stab by hand on this for all the legacy build files. There was
> more missing than just that one source file, so that's why it's likely to be
> wrong. Basically I'll maintain them based on whatever input I get and in any
> given release, they're likely to be hit or miss.

Many thanks for your effort for clarifying this :-)

You suggested in the prev. post, that it would be feasible to submit a fixed
version of the VC9 project files for the next release candidate.
In short: I could provide this if desired...
But to be honest, I'm not familiar with the development process at Apache and I
don't know when this point (Release Candidate) would be reached.

Regards, Joerg

RE: [INFO] Building xsec_lib using VC9

Posted by Scott Cantor <ca...@osu.edu>.
There are likely to be a number of problems with anything but VC10 because I
reorganized the handling of the headers, and the only compiler I use now is
VC10. I suspect the next release will break all of the prior projects, but
I'll see what I can do. I don't have the actual IDEs to fix them.

My best suggestion is that somebody who needs them should take the release
candidate, "fix" the solution files, and submit them back as a patch.

-- Scott