Posted to dev@vxquery.apache.org by Vinayak Borkar <vb...@yahoo.com> on 2009/09/29 10:17:18 UTC

VXQuery Website

Guys,

We need to put up the VXQuery website. Do you know what technologies we
could use to get that up? I know there is a wiki we could use. Is there
a different way we could build the site using traditional html?

Thanks,
Vinayak

Re: VXQuery Website

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 8:35 AM, Vinayak Borkar <vb...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I was thinking of moving away entirely from code generation using any
> out-of-band code generators. Instead, we could use Java annotations to
> generate the thinks we need, so we stay within Java-land as much as
> possible.
>
> Thoughts?

I am generally happy with annotations. However, they can become a
problem for performance. I try to use them at compile time, whereever
possible. Which brings us back to source code generation ... :-)

Jochen

--
Germanys national anthem is the most boring in the world - how telling!

Re: VXQuery Website

Posted by Vinayak Borkar <vb...@yahoo.com>.
Jochen,

I agree with you that XSLT for the task is overkill and excessively
complicated.

The kind of code generated is fairly simple.

Re: VXQuery Website

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Vinayak,

--
Germanys national anthem is the most boring in the world - how telling!

Re: VXQuery Website

Posted by Vinayak Borkar <vb...@yahoo.com>.
Jochen,

Re: VXQuery Website

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: VXQuery Website

Posted by Till Westmann <ti...@westmann.org>.
Hi Jochen,

that sounds really good.
Right now I especially like the part about the initial site, but I'm
quite sure that I'll come to appreciate the build system as well.
Do you have an idea how much effort it would be to get the project
into a  state where we can build with maven?
Is this something we could achieve during this week? (I'm wondering
about this week, because I think that it would be good to show a sign
of life - both to attract more contribution and also for the next
status report.)
Is that feasible/realistic?
Also, what would be the best thing for me to do to help (and not to
step on your feet)?

Thanks,
Till

Re: VXQuery Website

Posted by Vinayak Borkar <vb...@yahoo.com>.
Jochen,

Re: VXQuery Website

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Vinyak,

--
Germanys national anthem is the most boring in the world - how telling!