Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Ravishankar.S" <ra...@ibc.co.in> on 2001/06/19 12:13:19 UTC

Re: Tomcat & Apache

dear David,
                    tomcat is a servlet/jsp container and engine.since it
serves html content very slowly we usually configure it to work with
pache( a very good webserver,fast & reliable!!!).now when u invoke the eshop
application from a browser,apache redirects the jsp/servlets to tomcat via
modJServ or mod_jk.first u start tomcat and then u start apache.u then
access the files in tomcat's examples,ROOT etc via apache.if u try to access
the eshop application without starting tomcat then nothing happens!!!apache
does not support jsp/servlets(it does it thro a plug-in either ModJServ or
mod_jk).

ravi
Posted by Dmitri Colebatch <di...@nuix.com.au>.
I'm not sure thats the problem.  David if I read correctly you've got tomcat
running?  Are you seeing anything in the mod-jk.log or tomcat.log?  The first
step is to check that the request is getting to tomcat, and then to see where
tomcat is barfing.  I would almost guess though that the problem is
perception - when tomcat starts up (you probably know this) the first request
will be slow.  Could it be that the first request (through apache) you give
up on, and when you go to request via tomcat because that first request was
received tomcat is now happiliy serving pages?  Just a thought.

cheesr
dim