Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "LAD, SAGAR" <sa...@capgemini.com> on 2017/09/04 10:35:23 UTC

How to add domain name like "ocean-solr-cd.dit.ocean.slb.com" in solr URL

Hi Team,
How to add domain name like "ocean-solr-cd.dit.ocean.slb.com" in solr URL. Could you please let me know steps to add domain name?

Regards
[Email_CBE.gif]Sagar Lad | Capgemini Technology Services India Limited | Pune
Schlumberger, Sogeti India
Main: +91 20 2760 1000 extn 2012331 | Cell: +91 8983724089 +91 98 199 64738
www.capgemini.com<http://www.capgemini.com/>
People matter, results count.
[50years]

Connect with Capgemini:
[Picto_Blog]<http://www.capgemini.com/insights-and-resources/blogs>[Picto_Twitter]<http://www.twitter.com/capgemini>[Picto_Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/capgemini>[Picto_LinkedIn]<http://www.linkedin.com/company/capgemini>[Picto_Slideshare]<http://www.slideshare.net/capgemini>[Picto_YouTube]<http://www.youtube.com/capgeminimedia>

Re: How to add domain name like "ocean-solr-cd.dit.ocean.slb.com" in solr URL

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 9/4/2017 4:35 AM, LAD, SAGAR wrote:
> How to add domain name like "ocean-solr-cd.dit.ocean.slb.com" in solr
> URL. Could you please let me know steps to add domain name?

The name by which you access Solr is not within the control of Solr.

SolrCloud is the only possible exception.  Each node in a cloud
registers itself in the zookeeper database with a host name, a TCP port,
and a server context.  If SolrCloud is left to do things without
configuration, it will register an IP address.  If you want it to
register a name instead, edit solr.xml to change/add the "host"
definition in the solrcloud section.

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/Solr.xml%204.4%20and%20beyond

Note that if you are editing an existing cloud to change the host names,
you're probably going to have to manually edit the zookeeper database to
remove the definitions under the old names.

Your Solr server should *not* be reachable from the open Internet if you
can avoid it.

Thanks,
Shawn