Posted to adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org by Daniel Hannum <dh...@quovadx.com> on 2006/12/04 16:02:16 UTC

panelFormLayout and alignment

I recently asked a question about field alignment was told
panelFormLayout. (Well, panelForm, because I'm still on ADF) Thank you
for that. It's working great. Except for one little thing

I want a layout like this

Field

Field

Field     Field

Field     Field

1.	I do one panelForm, 2 columns, and put in placeholders of some
kind where I need them. I can't find anything that works though. I tried
empty outputTexts but they are ignored, and objectSpacers work but I
don't want to manually have to figure out how many pixel I want to space
by.
2.	I do two panelForms. First with 1 column and the second with 2.
That's great except that my fields don't line up anymore between the
panelForms. If I set labelWidth=30% on both, the 2 column guy gets
squashed (probably because it needs to fit more on the line).

Maybe it would help if I knew how labelWidth interacts with the number
of columns. With one column it's easy. labelWidth is what it is and the
field is the rest. With two columns, labelWidth can change arbitrarily
based on the length of the fields, making alignment difficult.

Any ideas?

Dan