Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by "Keith N. McKenna" <kn...@apache.org> on 2017/07/20 02:54:27 UTC

Ping Andrea

We have a request for an account to translate to the Kinyarwanda
Language. It is listed on the Pootle home page, but the only AOO project
available is the Experimental GenLang one. What do we need to to to add
the A00 4.x and 4.x Help.
There is also a request for the Amharic language.This one appears to be
a more difficult one as it does not appear on the home page at all,
though there is an entry  in the admin page in the Language tab. Any
help and insights you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Regards
Keith

Re: Ping Andrea

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 20/07/2017 Keith N. McKenna wrote:
> We have a request for an account to translate to the Kinyarwanda
> Language. It is listed on the Pootle home page, but the only AOO project
> available is the Experimental GenLang one. What do we need to to to add
> the A00 4.x and 4.x Help.
> There is also a request for the Amharic language.

In these cases what we have done so far is to create the user and the
language (you need the plural rules to create one, but the system will
guide you or you can ask the native speaker).

Importing the translations (or creating them from scratch) as you
guessed is the difficult part. This will matter for 4.2.0 and we can't
do much now. If people want to start translating in the meantime, we can
extract PO files for them to translate offline. But for the Pootle
update we'll need 4.1.4 out of the way (I mean: released) and the
initial 4.2.0 import, that will need some study.

Regards,
   Andrea.