Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net> on 2007/12/29 20:35:34 UTC

PostalAddress enhancement

I am enhancing the PostalAddress.
there are two parts
1)postal address specified by country.
This can be used to generate a screen to that country and do the layout
for a mailing peice.
it also specifies how to store the address information.

2)storing the address informaion.
this is a free form system that lets the complete address be stored in
the components that make up an address.

the basic part is the Addressline
it has then name of the address line that is freefrom, this would be
used to show on the UI and or the mailing piece.
there is a  linenumber and lineposition. The line position lets complex
addresses be define as separate components.
Like the BR address line
Postal Area--Postal District--Postal Sector--delivery Point
with is you can also specify the separator and where to to put it.

there are services that read the country formation information on a
Create and put in a map for a UI.
Service that Stores the data, win the free form format.

These would override most of the data currently stored in the
PostalAddress entity.

any input?

Re: PostalAddress enhancement

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
BTW I have the entities that support this.
I will submit them if there is enough interest

Jonathon -- Improov sent the following on 12/29/2007 7:07 PM:

Re: data modeling

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
Jonathon, Guess I will have to write one.. LOL
Just so people can have book to say it is a valid system.
:)
using a string as a ID to me is very system independent.
if it were a number (integer, long) then I would agree with you.
and there is a ProductStore Prefix that is appended to the order.
also there is a OAGIS project in the specialpurpose folder.

so if you clear up why you said these thing, I would be interested.

Posted by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com>.
BJ,

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
opps sorry for the bad link