Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie> on 2014/05/13 23:05:17 UTC

[GSoC] End of community bonding

Hi All,

The community bonding period for GSoC is coming to a close at the end of
this week.

By now many of you have already seen our proposals, during the community
bonding period we each got wiki access and copied in our proposals. For
anybody interested they can be viewed at:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Student+Project

During the community bonding period I had some brief emails with Sebastien
about my project (Create config management recipes to install CloudStack).
>From the get go I was planning on doing this with XenServer, Vagrant and
Puppet. After talking with Sebastien I will be switching to Chef and
looking at supporting both XenServer and KVM if time allows. Along with
this I looked at the work of others, this included the Chef Recipes by
CloudOps (https://github.com/cloudops/cookbook_co-cloudstack) and the
Cloudstack-Dev-VMs project (https://github.com/djs55/cloudstack-dev-vms),
there will hopefully be room for reusing some of their work.

I created a repo on github where I will be pushing my work as the GSoC
period goes on, for anybody interested its viewable at
https://github.com/imduffy15/GSoC-2014 At the moment it is just a XenServer
vagrant box and a Mysql + NFS VagrantFile using the cloudops recipes

I updated the JIRA ticket with a break down of tasks I want to achieve:

All feedback is very welcome, I'm looking forward to another summer of open
source :-)

Thanks,

Ian

Re: [GSoC] End of community bonding

Posted by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com>.
On May 13, 2014, at 11:05 PM, Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> The community bonding period for GSoC is coming to a close at the end of
> this week.
>
> By now many of you have already seen our proposals, during the community
> bonding period we each got wiki access and copied in our proposals. For
> anybody interested they can be viewed at:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Student+Project
>
> During the community bonding period I had some brief emails with Sebastien
> about my project (Create config management recipes to install CloudStack).
> From the get go I was planning on doing this with XenServer, Vagrant and
> Puppet. After talking with Sebastien I will be switching to Chef and
> looking at supporting both XenServer and KVM if time allows. Along with
> this I looked at the work of others, this included the Chef Recipes by
> CloudOps (https://github.com/cloudops/cookbook_co-cloudstack) and the
> Cloudstack-Dev-VMs project (https://github.com/djs55/cloudstack-dev-vms),
> there will hopefully be room for reusing some of their work.
>
> I created a repo on github where I will be pushing my work as the GSoC
> period goes on, for anybody interested its viewable at
> https://github.com/imduffy15/GSoC-2014 At the moment it is just a XenServer
> vagrant box and a Mysql + NFS VagrantFile using the cloudops recipes
>
> I updated the JIRA ticket with a break down of tasks I want to achieve:
>
> All feedback is very welcome, I'm looking forward to another summer of open
> source :-)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ian

Thanks for the update Ian, sounds like a plan