Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Rayappan Antoni raj <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/11 17:09:35 UTC

HBase - Error while creating table

Hi All,

<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17045314/apache-hbase-installation#>

I am trying to install Hbase(hbase-0.94.8) in ubuntu 12.04 enviroment.

I followed the steps given in this page

http://hbase.apache.org/book/quickstart.html

I am able to start Hbase and enter into shell but when i type "create
'test', 'cf'" from shell the following ERRORS were thrown

hbase(main):001:0> create 'test', 'cf'
13/06/11 13:01:40 ERROR
client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation: Check the value
configured in 'zookeeper.znode.parent'. There could be a mismatch with
the one configured in the master.
13/06/11 13:01:41 ERROR
client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation: Check the value
configured in 'zookeeper.znode.parent'. There could be a mismatch with
the one configured in the master.
13/06/11 13:01:42 ERROR
client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation: Check the value
configured in 'zookeeper.znode.parent'. There could be a mismatch with
the one configured in the master.
13/06/11 13:01:44 ERROR
client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation: Check the value
configured in 'zookeeper.znode.parent'. There could be a mismatch with
the one configured in the master.
13/06/11 13:01:46 ERROR
client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation: Check the value
configured in 'zookeeper.znode.parent'. There could be a mismatch with
the one configured in the master.
13/06/11 13:01:50 ERROR
client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation: Check the value
configured in 'zookeeper.znode.parent'. There could be a mismatch with
the one configured in the master.
13/06/11 13:01:54 ERROR
client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation: Check the value
configured in 'zookeeper.znode.parent'. There could be a mismatch with
the one configured in the master.

ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.MasterNotRunningException: Retried 7 times

Here is some help for this command:
Create table; pass table name, a dictionary of specifications per
column family, and optionally a dictionary of table configuration.
Dictionaries are described below in the GENERAL NOTES section.
Examples:

  hbase> create 't1', {NAME => 'f1', VERSIONS => 5}
  hbase> create 't1', {NAME => 'f1'}, {NAME => 'f2'}, {NAME => 'f3'}
  hbase> # The above in shorthand would be the following:
  hbase> create 't1', 'f1', 'f2', 'f3'
  hbase> create 't1', {NAME => 'f1', VERSIONS => 1, TTL => 2592000,
BLOCKCACHE => true}
  hbase> create 't1', 'f1', {SPLITS => ['10', '20', '30', '40']}
  hbase> create 't1', 'f1', {SPLITS_FILE => 'splits.txt'}
  hbase> # Optionally pre-split the table into NUMREGIONS, using
  hbase> # SPLITALGO ("HexStringSplit", "UniformSplit" or classname)
  hbase> create 't1', 'f1', {NUMREGIONS => 15, SPLITALGO => 'HexStringSplit'}

Regards,

Rayappan A

Re: HBase - Error while creating table

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 8:09 AM, Rayappan Antoni raj <
rayappan.antoniraj@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17045314/apache-hbase-installation#>
>
> I am trying to install Hbase(hbase-0.94.8) in ubuntu 12.04 enviroment.
>
> I followed the steps given in this page
>
> http://hbase.apache.org/book/quickstart.html
>
> I am able to start Hbase and enter into shell but when i type "create
> 'test', 'cf'" from shell the following ERRORS were thrown

... and you noticed the special call out for ubuntu loopback setup:
http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#quickstart
St.Ack

Re: HBase - Error while creating table

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.
First, check through the jps command what processes are being run. I
believe HMaster is not running. Then please let us know what are your
entries in your etc/hosts file.

Regards
Shahab

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 11:09 AM, Rayappan Antoni raj <