Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Rene Winkler Sørensen <RE...@vestas.com> on 2015/06/02 11:19:10 UTC

client connect event

My team is building a client/server application using thrift over rpc/tcp, we have one requirement from our stakeholder that we find very complicated in thrift. Every time a client opens a connection, we need to log the IP of that connection, it does not matter if the client calls anything, the log have to be there. So my question is, how do I do that, as far as I can see, the options are very limited. I found an event called TServerEventHandler, but I don't get the right information there as I see it, can anyone point me in the right direction if there is one??

Yours sincerely / Med venlig hilsen

René Winkler Sørensen
Software Development Engineer
Product Development, Service Engineering
Technology & Service Solutions (TSS)

Vestas Wind Systems A/S
T: 83 11 39 97
M: +45 2245 5971
rewso@vestas.com<ma...@vestas.com>

Vestas Wind Systems A/S
This e-mail is subject to out e-mail disclaimer statement.
Please refer to http://www.vestas.com/legal/notice
If you have received this e-mail in error please contact the sender.

Re: client connect event

Posted by Mike Stanley <mi...@mikestanley.org>.
There is also the out-of-band, deployment option.  Put a proxy service in
front of your services (like HAProxy) and enable logging, such as outlined
here https://transloadit.com/blog/2010/08/haproxy-logging/.   This also
provides the architectural benefit of load balancing your thrift services.

RE: client connect event

Posted by Rene Winkler Sørensen <RE...@vestas.com>.
Hi Ben,
Thanks for your answer, you gave me the hint that I needed.

Using the TServerEventHandler I am now able to every time a user ask for a login.

public Object createContext(Thrift.Protocol.TProtocol input, Thrift.Protocol.TProtocol output)
    {
      var client = ((TSocket)input.Transport).TcpClient;
      _log.DebugFormat("Client {0} is now connected", client.Client.RemoteEndPoint.ToString());
      return input.Transport;

    }

From:   Stuart Reynolds <st...@stureynolds.com>
To:     user@thrift.apache.org,