Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Daniel Becroft <Da...@supercorp.com.au> on 2008/03/26 00:10:55 UTC

Disable silent merge

Hi all,

This is a question raised by a fellow developer during some SVN
training.

Is it possible to have 'svn update' return a conflict for ANY file that
has been modified in the working copy, AND in the repository, rather
than silently merging them? This particular developer does not like the
silent merging.

Yes, I have mentioned the "Check for Modifications" option (TSVN), and
the "svn status -u" command, but was wondering if the above was still
possible.

Cheers,
Daniel B

RE: Re: Disable silent merge

Posted by ni...@planet.nl.
Also, with the svndiffwrapper[1] script you get for each changed file to 'M', which is merge manually, so always a diff window (I use kdiff3 for this) or 'm', which only shows a diff window when there are conflicts.

Hth,

Nick S.

[1] http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/Subversion.html

On Mar 25, 2008, at 19:10, Daniel Becroft wrote:

> This is a question raised by a fellow developer during some SVN
> training.
>
> Is it possible to have 'svn update' return a conflict for ANY file
> that has been modified in the working copy, AND in the repository,
> rather than silently merging them? This particular developer does
> not like the silent merging.

Maybe

svn update --diff3-cmd /usr/bin/false

Re: Disable silent merge