Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jan Bartel <ja...@mortbay.com> on 2003/09/15 00:28:54 UTC

[build system] Maven 'clean' (was: Re: Did the geronimo-kernel-DEV.jar go awol?)

I have to say that this 'feature' (ie maven clean doesn't work) of
either maven or the way we are using it is a major PITA. It seems to me
a fundamental requisite of a build system that 'clean' should always
succeed. Because of this 'feature' I have wasted and continue to waste
time trying to force a clean build.

Is there anything we can do to ensure that 'clean' works 100% of the time?

Jan

<snip>

Re: [build system] Maven 'clean' (was: Re: Did the geronimo-kernel-DEV.jar go awol?)

Posted by "n. alex rupp" <ru...@umn.edu>.
Kein Scheise.  I'm with you all the way, Jan.

In the meantime, could we please replace the existing README.txt file with
the one attached (which contains updated run instructions)?

Many thanks,
--
N. Alex Rupp

> I have to say that this 'feature' (ie maven clean doesn't work) of
> either maven or the way we are using it is a major PITA. It seems to me
> a fundamental requisite of a build system that 'clean' should always
> succeed. Because of this 'feature' I have wasted and continue to waste
> time trying to force a clean build.
>
> Is there anything we can do to ensure that 'clean' works 100% of the time?
>
> Jan
>
> Jeremy Boynes wrote:
> <snip>
> > If you can't, you may need to clean/build several times (I needed
> > three). This is because the clean requires the dependencies exist so you
> > can't do a full clean until you have a full build :-(

begin 666 README.txt
M5V5L8V]M92!T;R!'97)O;FEM;PT*/3T]/3T]/3T]/3T]/3T]/3T]/0T*#0I4
M;R!B=6EL9"!M92!P;&5A<V4@:6YS=&%L;"!-879E;B!F<F]M(&AE<F4@+2!V
M97)S:6]N(&(Q,"!O<B!L871E<BX-"@T*(" @(&AT=' Z+R]M879E;BYA<&%C
M:&4N;W)G+PT*#0I);B!A9&1I=&EO;B!Y;W4@<VAO=6QD(&AA=F4@2D1+(#$N
M-"YX(&EN<W1A;&QE9"!W:71H($I!5D%?2$]-10T*96YV:7)O;FUE;G0@9&5F