Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Иванов Дмитрий <iv...@prognoz.ru> on 2007/11/30 06:41:17 UTC

Re[2]: AjaxSelfUpdatingTimerBehavior does not work when replaced into a page

Everybody hello.

As far as i know:
  - if ypu add to some component ajax timer behaviour and then add
    this component to ajax target while handling another ajax
    behaviour - there's no header contributed javascript added to
    response at the second time. So, after first updating
    there's no script to call. I have had 'fix' this like
    this:
------
// link wich start some long living process
final AjaxSubmitLink importRefreshLink = new AjaxSubmitLink("import_refresh_link")
{
    // handling clicking on link
    protected void onSubmit(AjaxRequestTarget target, Form form)
    {
        // some code for starting process skipped
        // ...

        // adding progress info to ajax response - it's just a label
        // with dynamic content (long living process completion status
        // - without timer behaviour at this moment)
        target.addComponent(progressInfo);

        // here we are adding timer behaviour to label
        progressInfo.add(new AbstractAjaxTimerBehavior(Duration.seconds(5))
        {
            // our own 'stop' state - kind of fix related to header
            // javascript
            boolean stoppedFlag = false;

            // handling our logic
            protected void onTimer(AjaxRequestTarget tgt)
            {
                 // some code to determine state of long living
                 // process skipped

                 // here we also stop timer and set stoppedFlag to
                 // true when long living process finish
            }

            // redefine head rendering so while our process is live
            // - we add timer - js to ajax response
            public void renderHead(IHeaderResponse response)
            {
                 super.renderHead(response);
                 if (!stoppedFlag)
                     response.renderOnLoadJavascript(getJsTimeoutCall(getUpdateInterval()));
            }

       }
   }
}
------

WBR, Dmitry.

Re: Re[2]: AjaxSelfUpdatingTimerBehavior does not work when replaced into a page

Posted by Matej Knopp <ma...@gmail.com>.
Could be caused by https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-745
(read the last comment)

-Matej