Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by rachke1 <gs...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/09 07:58:39 UTC

ActiveMQ intro

Hi:

New to JMS.
I have an application that will need a Messaging Middleware application, in
the meanwhile I am just using a servlet which is very simple.
I understand and have read the J2EE tutorial on JAVA JMS.
Is there an introduction to ActiveMQ, or similar software,
What is the added functionality that it provides, besides using just native
JMS?
How do I compare it to other products and their functionalities.
What do companies that offer software that they describe as M2M give me more
than a product like ACTIVEMQ.
Lots of questions.
Please give me some links or bibliography so I could keep on reading
Thank you.

Re: ActiveMQ intro

Posted by Joshua Smith <jo...@rationalpi.com>.
Also I would recommend Java Messaging by Eric Bruno. It's the book that I
have been using to come up to speed with JMS in general and I'm using
ActiveMQ. I only had to fix a few imports for the examples in his book to
use them with ActiveMQ since it's an Apache project now.

The book covers more than JMS, but the section on JMS has been helpful for
me.

Josh

Re: ActiveMQ intro

Posted by Mark Webb <el...@gmail.com>.