Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by pa...@mc.duke.edu on 2001/06/08 00:54:03 UTC

bugs in the request taglib

Cocoon developers:

the following bugs exist in the request taglib as of Cocoon 1.8.2:

<request:get-attribute-names> actually returns the values instead of the
names.  The problem is in XSPRequestLibrary.java, lines 92-94, where
instead of copying the attribute names into the output, each name is used
in a call to getAttribute(), and the result of that call is copied to the
output.

<request:set-attribute> appears to have XSL syntax problems.  I couldn't
get any variation on this element to work correctly.  Every time I get the
error:
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLProcessorException: Can not convert #RTREEFRAG to a NodeList!

<request:get-headers> fails if as="array" (the default), due to code at
line 840 of request.xsl:
          XSPRequestLibrary.getHeaders(
            request,
            String.valueOf(<xsl:copy-of select="$name"/>),
          )
The comma at the end of line 842 should be removed.

Also, if you care to know it, Tomcat 3.2.x seems to not implement
HttpServletRequest::getLocale().  This causes <request:get-locale> to fail,
and <request.get-locales as="node"> to cause some strange problems (never
get a response) when using Tomcat.  I've submitted a bug report to the
Tomcat folks.

-Christopher

P.S.  I don't subscribe to this list, so please e-mail me directly if you
have a question.