Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de> on 2019/06/13 08:39:07 UTC

Synchronization between TsFile and Server

Hi lovely IoTDB-community,

I will soon have some time to play a bit more again with IoTDB.
And one thing which is crucial for my use cases is the file based storage.
But, as indicated in some docs there is the possibility (or there was, as least) to sync local TsFiles (e.g. on an edge device) with a running DB Server.
Can someone help me point at the right place or comment on the current state of that?

Thanks!
Julian

Re: Synchronization between TsFile and Server

Posted by 李天安 <lt...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>.
Hi,
	The documentation for sync tool is in https://github.com/apache/incubator-iotdb/blob/add_sync_docu/docs/Documentation/UserGuideV0.7.0/7-Tools-Sync.md <https://github.com/apache/incubator-iotdb/blob/add_sync_docu/docs/Documentation/UserGuideV0.7.0/7-Tools-Sync.md>. I’m looking forward to receiving your feedback to improve this tool.

Best Regards,
—————————————————
Tianan Li
School of Software, Tsinghua University

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
Hi Tianan,

Posted by 李天安 <lt...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>.
Hi,

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I think the sync tool has no conflict with the new feature of `cluster
mode`...

"Transferring a local file to a remote IoTDB instance" is a different
requirement with the "cluster mode". If the sync tool supports that (though
there is no fully tests), I think it is good to let more people to use it
ASAP, receives feedbacks and improve it.

Best,

-----------------------------------
Xiangdong Huang
School of Software, Tsinghua University

 黄向东
清华大学 软件学院

李天安 <lt...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn> 于2019年6月13日周四 下午5:39写道:

Posted by 李天安 <lt...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>.
Hi,

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
Hi,

okay, this is also the impression I have __
But the general idea still is true, that there will be a way to simply ship a "local file" over to the server and he does some kind of batch import for me, right?
If we start to intensivy our tests I can of course help with the development, if you point me to the right directions.

Julian

Am 13.06.19, 11:09 schrieb "李天安" <lt...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>:

    Hi,
    	Thanks for your attention to IoTDB again. Well,  currently sync tools have not yet been fully tested and are temporarily instable,  so there is no open documentation. This tool plays an important role in distributed version of IoTDB, so it will be perfected with distributed development and will be published with distributed manual.

    Best Regards,

Posted by 李天安 <lt...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>.
Hi,