Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@covalent.net> on 2000/07/01 08:14:13 UTC

Filters and last patch.

I am not impressed by Greg's responses to both Roy's and Rbb's comment's
on his patch, in particular where the framework is addressed.

Right now the myrad of side effects of the simple buffer approahc are
trouble some to me and do get us into the same issues we have been
struggling with for years with the 1.3 strand.

I.e. it offers little beyond the 'hack's we have all been doing over the
years by patching sfio et.al.. into the 1.3 strand. And I was truly hoping
to get all those things fixed neatly. The current patch is just not that.

So I apologize but a -1 until this is sorted out. I'll try to back this up
with either a patch in the next 5 days and/or will remove my veto if I do
not manage to come up with something.

Sorry to be holding this up, but I strongly believe that with 2.0 we have
a change to fix the major prime single most important reason which got us
into this whole 2.0 thing.. filtering!.. so we better do it right !

Until then, -1,

	Dw

Re: Filters and last patch.

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Fri, Jun 30, 2000 at 11:14:13PM -0700, Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:
> Right now the myrad of side effects of the simple buffer approahc are
> trouble some to me and do get us into the same issues we have been
> struggling with for years with the 1.3 strand.

Can you clarify your specific issues so that I can address them in my patch?
I'm not sure what to do with this. I'm quite happy to update the patch, but
this doesn't help to point me in the right direction.

thx!
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/