Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Leos Bitto <Le...@eurotel.cz> on 2001/09/20 14:22:22 UTC

mod_alias/8372: "Redirect" between and cuts off question mark and the following part of URL

>Number:         8372
>Category:       mod_alias
>Synopsis:       "Redirect" between <Directory> and </Directory> cuts off question mark and the following  part of URL
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
What do I want:
To redirect all requests coming to my server with URI's starting with /something to http://www.somewhere.com/somethingelse. I do want the rest of the URI, following /something, to be appended at the end of the new URL (following somethingelse).

Scenario 1:
Put "Redirect /something http://www.somewhere.com/somethingelse" between <Directory "/usr/local/apache/docs"> and </Directory>. /usr/local/apache/docs is the DocumentRoot.

Scenario 2:
Put "Redirect /something http://www.somewhere.com/somethingelse" as the last line in httpd.conf.

Scenario 2 works perfectly. The problem, and the bug which I am reporting, is that scenario 1 does not work correctly for URI's which contain question mark. It cuts off the question mark and all following characters. Example: /something/script?param=value is redirected to http://www.somewhere.com/somethingelse/script and ?param=value is lost!
>How-To-Repeat:
see full description
>Fix:
document this misbehaviour for 1.3.20 and fix it (if possible) for 1.3.21
 [to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]