Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by bansi <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2007/06/02 02:09:22 UTC

JSF/MyFaces Integration With WebService/Servlet

We are developing a web application  based on JSF, Spring and Hibernate and
we also have a legacy application written in Oracle PL/SQL Stored Procedures
We want legacy application to access  web application via a web service
and/or servlet.
Currently we are  able to make a HttpRequest call from legacy application to
do some dummy stuff. As a next step we wanna design a Servlet as a conduit
of information between Legacy and Web application to to do the following

1) Use Servlet as WebService, so that it parses the parameters recieved and
then invoke the appropriate business logic to accomplish the task

2)Is it possible for Servlet  to access the backing bean ??? so that servlet
can invoke validation routines and business methods via backing bean

3)If Servlet cannot access backing bean then how do we make sure that it
invokes common validation routines and business methods directly or
indirectly

4) How will Servlet format  Responses recieved  from business methods

Any pointers/suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Regards
Bansi