Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Vincent Stoessel <vi...@xaymaca.com> on 2002/10/01 18:22:28 UTC

retry form based login

Hello All,
maybe I had too much caffeine today but I can't
get my head out of this causality loop I'm
stuck in. I am using tomcat's form based
authentication against the realm and all is great except
for the fact that I am trying to improve the user
experience when they fail a login attempt.
I have it set up so that a login failure
gets shipped to:

<form-error-page>/ErrorPage.jsp</form-error-page>

That was fine for testing purposes but I want to know if
there is a way to redirect a person back to the login form
in order for them to try again until they succeed. Or is the
only way to have the user retry is to have a link on
errorPage.jsp that points to the protected resource?
Thanks.

tomcat 4.1.10 LE (Invoker off)  jdk 1.4
--
Vincent Stoessel
Linux Systems Developer

Re: retry form based login

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.
Don't quote me on this, but I think you could just have your form error
page point at the login page. Then the login page would show up again on
failure.

-Mark