Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Cheerful Gao <ch...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/08 17:52:31 UTC

[users@httpd] couldn't see the webpage hosted on my PC

Hello,

I setup a virtual webhost on my PC and use Apache http server 2.2.23. I
setup the virtual server by configuring the httpd.conf and hosts file. It
works but only on my host PC. I can't access the webpage from any other
computers either inside my network nor outside my network. I registered a
public domain, pointed it to the external IP of my router, used port
forwarding to the host PC. I also turned off my Host PC's Windows Firewall
(Windows 7 Home Premium). I still couldn't access the website from any
other computers except the host PC. Any ideas to solve my problem?

Thanks.

Re: [users@httpd] couldn't see the webpage hosted on my PC

Posted by Ben Johnson <be...@indietorrent.org>.

On 11/8/2012 11:52 AM, Cheerful Gao wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I setup a virtual webhost on my PC and use Apache http server 2.2.23. I
> setup the virtual server by configuring the httpd.conf and hosts file.
> It works but only on my host PC. I can't access the webpage from any
> other computers either inside my network nor outside my network. I
> registered a public domain, pointed it to the external IP of my router,
> used port forwarding to the host PC. I also turned off my Host PC's
> Windows Firewall (Windows 7 Home Premium). I still couldn't access the
> website from any other computers except the host PC. Any ideas to solve
> my problem?
>
> Thanks.

It sounds as though you've done everything correctly.

When you say, "I can't access the webpage", what do you mean, exactly?
"Host not found"? 401 (Unauthorized)? 403 (Access Denied)?

Which ports did you forward? Just 80? Have you forwarded other ports to
the same PC successfully?

-Ben

Re: [users@httpd] couldn't see the webpage hosted on my PC

Posted by John Doe <jd...@yahoo.com>.
From: Cheerful Gao <ch...@gmail.com>
> I setup a virtual webhost on my PC and use Apache http server 2.2.23.
> I setup the virtual server by configuring the httpd.conf and hosts file.
> It works but only on my host PC. I can't access the webpage from any other
> computers either inside my network nor ...

Before worrying about outside, fix the inside my network part...
What is your internal network netmask and your virtual IP?
Can you ping your VIP from another computer on your LAN?

JD