Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by MAILIST <ma...@toolz.com> on 2019/12/17 21:51:27 UTC

Re: Warning from users@spamassassin.apache.org

> users@spamassassin.apache.org mailing list.
>

> Messages to you from the users mailing list seem to
> have been bouncing. I've attached a copy of the first bounce
> message I received.

Hi, ezmlm,

Yes, we have trained our Spamassassin to block emails from known publishers
of spam and fraud.  Your email is handled by Leaseweb, and they have a
deserved bad reputation.  In fact, we have blocked the entire netblock of
Leaseweb, as well as other egregious spammers like ovh.net, chinanet,
quadranet, vodafone, amazonaws, hetzner.de, globalfrag.com, digitalocean,
colocrossing, chinaunicom, thinkhuge.net, telecom.kz, linode, and many
others.  We have reduced our incoming spam by 85% by blocking netblocks of
unethical service providers.  Of course, we added an exception to the
Spamassassin local config for the Spamassassin mailing list after blocking
Leaseweb.

As long as you are willing to lie down with dogs, you're going to get
up with fleas!

Todd Merriman
Software Toolz, Inc.