Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by AlexLM <al...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/02 10:35:13 UTC

Total entries on cluster using metrics()

Hello,

I try to get the number of entries on 3 nodes inside a cluster. but when i
am doing :

Ignition.ignite().cache(CACHE_NAME).metrics().size()

I only get the size of the local cache, however i was thinking that
metrics() method returned the whole cluster statistics.

The ignite-config is the following :

<bean name="cacheConf"
class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.CacheConfiguration">
        <property name="name" value="cache" />
        <property name="cacheMode" value="PARTITIONED" />
        <property name="backups" value="1" />
        <property name="rebalanceMode" value="SYNC"/>
        <property name="statisticsEnabled" value="true"/>
        <property name="expiryPolicyFactory">
                <bean id="expiryPolicy"
class="javax.cache.expiry.TouchedExpiryPolicy"
                        factory-method="factoryOf">
                        <constructor-arg>
                                <bean class="javax.cache.expiry.Duration">
                                        <constructor-arg value="SECONDS" />
                                        <constructor-arg value="600" />
                                </bean>
                        </constructor-arg>
                </bean>
        </property>
</bean>

Appreciate your help, thanks !

AlexLM

Re: Total entries on cluster using metrics()

Posted by AlexLM <al...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your prompt answer.

I found that the offHeapEntriesCnt is working for me (i only use the offHeap
memory strategy).

Re: Total entries on cluster using metrics()

Posted by Denis Mekhanikov <dm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex!

This is a known issue.
You can track its progress here:

You can use IgniteCache#size()
<https://ignite.apache.org/releases/latest/javadoc/org/apache/ignite/IgniteCache.html#size(org.apache.ignite.cache.CachePeekMode...)>
method as a workaround, but it implies higher overhead, so don't call this
method too often.

Denis