Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Cheng Pan <ch...@apache.org> on 2021/09/09 09:39:32 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Kyuubi(Incubating) v1.3.0-incubating RC9

Hello Incubator Community,

The Apache Kyuubi community has voted on and approved a proposal to release
Apache Kyuubi(Incubating) version v1.3.0-incubating RC9.

We now kindly request the Incubator PMC members review and vote on this
incubator release.

Kyuubi community vote thread:
https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@kyuubi.apache.org/msg00824.html

Vote result thread:
https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@kyuubi.apache.org/msg00870.html

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Kyuubi v1.3.0-incubating
[ ] +0

To learn more about Apache Kyuubi (Incubating), please see
https://kyuubi.apache.org/

The tag to be voted on is v1.3.0-incubating-rc9 (commit ff9bab6):
https://github.com/apache/incubator-kyuubi/tree/v1.3.0-incubating-rc9

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/kyuubi/v1.3.0-incubating-rc9/

Signatures used for Kyuubi RCs can be found in this file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/kyuubi/KEYS

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekyuubi-1009/

The commit list since the RC7:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-kyuubi/compare/v1.3.0-incubating-rc7...v1.3.0-incubating-rc9

Thanks,
Cheng Pan

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Kyuubi(Incubating) v1.3.0-incubating RC9

Posted by Xun Liu <li...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding) from me, I have checked the following items:
- Incubating in name
- DISCLAIMER exists
- All links are valid
- No unexpected binary files
- All ASF files have ASF headers

Best regards
Xun Liu

Posted by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org>.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
+1 binding.
I checked:
Here are the checks I did.
- Verified checksums and signatures
- incubating in the release kits' name.
- incubating disclarm files in the kits.
- Checked LICENSE and NOTICE files looks good for me
- Built from source kit without any error

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by Cheng Pan <ch...@apache.org>.
Hi Justin,

Thanks for replying and voting.

> Please don’t use "Copyright 2021 and onwards” in your NOTICE file, while
it is far in the future copyright does have an expiry date.

Will fix it.

> It's a little unclear, as you may just be include the contents of another
NOTICE file, but it may be that LICENSE is missing some information and the
NOTICE is including license information that should be in the LICENSE file
e.g. JSR-166 and Metrics.

As Kyuubi copies some code from Apache Spark, so we also copy LICENSE and
NOTICE content from Apache Spark and append them to Kyuubi's LICENSE and
NOTICE. I don't know if it's the right way?

> May be my setup but I was unable to compile

Setup JDK8, then run `build/mvn clean install -DskipTests`

Thanks,
Cheng Pan

Posted by Kent Yao <ya...@apache.org>.
+1(non-binding), carried from kyuubi dev

Best Regards,

Cheng Pan <ch...@apache.org> 于2021年9月9日周四 下午5:39写道:

--

 *Kent Yao *
@ Data Science Center, Hangzhou Research Institute, NetEase Corp.
a spark enthusiast
kyuubi <https://github.com/yaooqinn/kyuubi>is a unified multi-tenant JDBC
interface for large-scale data processing and analytics, built on top of Apache
Spark <http://spark.apache.org/>.
spark-authorizer <https://github.com/yaooqinn/spark-authorizer>A Spark SQL
extension which provides SQL Standard Authorization for Apache Spark
<http://spark.apache.org/>.
spark-postgres <https://github.com/yaooqinn/spark-postgres> A library for
reading data from and transferring data to Postgres / Greenplum with Spark
SQL and DataFrames, 10~100x faster.
itatchi <https://github.com/yaooqinn/spark-func-extras>A library that
brings useful functions from various modern database management
systems to​ Apache
Spark <http://spark.apache.org/>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Kyuubi(Incubating) v1.3.0-incubating RC9

Posted by vino yang <ya...@gmail.com>.
+1(non-binding), carried from kyuubi dev

Best,
Vino

张铎(Duo Zhang) <pa...@gmail.com> 于2021年9月12日周日 下午11:38写道:

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.