Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Robert <ro...@gmx.de> on 2003/10/01 09:44:16 UTC

Tigris site is in chinese !?!

Hello.
Though the contents of http://subversion.tigris.org/ as well as
www.tigris.org are in english, all controll elements are displayed in
chinese: tabs, edit-text fields etc!!! It is hard to find the control
element to navigate through the site without knowing where to click.

Biut the content itself is in englich.

Are my URLs outdated?

Thanks for help.
Robert

Re: Tigris site is in chinese !?!

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <e....@gmx.net>.
Could it be that either of these sites use content negotiation and that your
settings
are screwed? More and more sites use this feature of the HTTP standard. It's
nothing
todo with html though.

bye,

Erik.

Re: SOLVED: Tigris site is in chinese !?!

Posted by Robert <ro...@gmx.de>.
Hi.
Fiddeling around with my OS I managed to get plain old english back.
There was no accept language setting to play with. I deleted several
preferences files, logged into another user's account, tried Safari and
voilà, it worked. Restart and logging into my account: Everything is
fine now.

Thank you very much for help!

Robert

Re: Tigris site is in chinese !?!

Posted by "Daniel L. Rall" <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
The version of SourceCast recently installed onto tigris.org does content
negotiation based on the Accept-Language HTTP header sent by your browser.  To
adjust this in Mozilla, I use Edit -> Preferences -> Navigator -> Languages
and select either "en-US" or "en" (having both selected is my personally
recommendation for browser the net in US English).  SourceCast has been
translated into several languages -- you're only seeing a couple of them.  Enjoy.

- Dan

Re: Tigris site is in chinese !?!

Posted by "Daniel L. Rall" <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.

Re: Tigris site is in chinese !?!