Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ryan LeCompte <ry...@pangonetworks.com> on 2005/07/11 18:10:49 UTC

Problem configuring context resource in embedded tomcat 5.5.9

Hello all,

I'm trying to manually configure a context resource using embedded Tomcat
5.5.9. I'm not sure if ordering is important in the code below, but perhaps
one of you could shed some light. I don't get any exceptions or anything,
but my webapp isn't able to find the resource. Here is the relevant code:

      // --------------------- BEGIN LOAD CUSTOM WEBAPPS
--------------------

      try {

         // Configure JDBC data source.

         ContextResource ctxResource = new ContextResource();

         ctxResource.setName("jdbc/juddiDB");

         ctxResource.setAuth("Container");

         ctxResource.setType("javax.sql.DataSource");

         ctxResource.setProperty("maxActive", "100");

         ctxResource.setProperty("maxIdle", "30");

         ctxResource.setProperty("maxWait", "10000");

         ctxResource.setProperty("user", "user");

         ctxResource.setProperty("password", "pass");

         ctxResource.setProperty("driverClassName",
"org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBDriver");

         ctxResource.setProperty("url",
"jdbc:firebirdsql://localhost:3050/juddi?autoReconnect=true");

         ctxResource.setProperty("validationQuery", "select count(*) from
PUBLISHER");

         NamingResources namingResources = rootcontext.getNamingResources();

         namingResources.addResource(ctxResource);

         tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org

         // Load and configure the UDDI registry webapp.

         Context ctx = this.embedded.createContext("/juddi", getPath() +
"/webapps/juddi");

         ctx.setPrivileged(true);

         this.host.addChild(ctx); // add context to host

         ctx.getNamingResources().addResource(ctxResource);

      } catch (Exception e) {

         e.printStackTrace();

      }

      // --------------------- END LOAD CUSTOM WEBAPPS

All of the above code is executed after the root context is created and
initialized, and before the embedded tomcat engine is started. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Ryan