Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2009/09/22 14:52:49 UTC

[ANN] New book - Apache Maven 2: Effective Implementation

The final release of "Apache Maven 2: Effective Implementation" is now
available online! It is available in both eBook and printed + eBook
versions, and is written by Deng Ching and myself with help from our
reviewers Wendy Smoak, Emmanuel Venisse, and Carsten Ziegler.

http://www.packtpub.com/apache-maven-2-effective-implementations/book
http://www.amazon.com/Apache-Maven-2-Effective-Implementation/dp/1847194540/

In this book, we wanted to focus on “best practices” and tying
everything together in a way that shows how Maven was meant to be
used. It works through a reasonably useful example application from
scratch, up to an assembly, building it in CI, deploying it to the
repository, and releasing it.

The book includes:
Chapter 1: Maven in a Nutshell
Chapter 2: Staying in Control with Archiva
Chapter 3: Building an Application Using Maven
Chapter 4: Application Testing with Maven
Chapter 5: Reporting and Checks
Chapter 6: Useful Maven Plugins
Chapter 7: Maven Best Practices
Chapter 8: Continuum: Ensuring the Health of your Source Code
Chapter 9: Continuum in Depth
Chapter 10: Archiva in a Team
Chapter 11: Archetypes
Chapter 12: Maven, Archiva, and Continuum in the Enterprise
Appendix A: Troubleshooting Maven
Appendix B: Recent Maven Features
Appendix C: Migrating Archiva and Continuum Data

Full contents: http://www.packtpub.com/article/apache-maven-2-effective-implementations-table-of-contents

"Chapter 6: Useful Maven Plugins" is available now as a sample from
the book site.

Cheers,
Brett