Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Floris Van Nee <fl...@Optiver.com> on 2018/08/01 09:46:14 UTC

c++ data streamer api

Hi all,

I'm looking into using Ignite and noticed the C++ API seems to be missing functionality for data streaming (Java IgniteDataStreamer together with the StreamReceiver/StreamVisitor/StreamTransformer classes). Without these, I assume it is not going to be easy to stream large amounts of data with an acceptable data rate (because it doesn't batch inserts etc.)

1)      Are they indeed not available or am I missing something in the docs?

2)      If they are missing - are there plans to add these and how much effort is estimated to implement such API? Is it just a matter of "we haven't got around to it yet, but it's similar to what's already there in the C++ API" or is there some limitation that is currently blocking implementation of the data streamer in C++?

-Floris

Re: c++ data streamer api

Posted by Igor Sapego <is...@apache.org>.
Hi,

1) Yes, it is really missing.
2) It is "we haven’t got around to it yet" case. There are not so much C++
contributes.

Best Regards,
Igor