Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Randall Hauch <rh...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/30 21:59:32 UTC

[DISCUSS] KIP-605 Expand Connect Worker Internal Topic Settings

Hello!

I'd like to use this thread to discuss KIP-605, which expands some of the
properties that the Connect distributed worker uses when creating internal
topics:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-605%3A+Expand+Connect+Worker+Internal+Topic+Settings

Best regards,

Randall

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-605 Expand Connect Worker Internal Topic Settings

Posted by Randall Hauch <rh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, folks.

The KIP appears to be satisfactory, so I plan to start a vote thread
tomorrow unless there are objections.

Best regards,

Randall

Posted by Christopher Egerton <ch...@confluent.io>.
Hi Randall,

Posted by Randall Hauch <rh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Chris.

Posted by Konstantine Karantasis <ko...@confluent.io>.
Thanks for the KIP Randall!
Automatic creation of internal Connect topics has been very useful since
KIP-154 and adapting the Connect workers to allow users to transparently
use broker defaults will be useful as well.

The KIP looks good.

Konstantine

Posted by Christopher Egerton <ch...@confluent.io>.
Hi Randall,