Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Brian Jeltema <br...@digitalenvoy.net> on 2014/09/25 18:19:36 UTC

problem restoring snapshot

I exported a snapshot to another cluster, same version of all software. A restore_snapshot on the target
system hung and eventually timed out, I think due to file ownership issues. I restored hbase ownership
to everything in /apps/hbase and tried the restore_snapshot again. It’s still hanging, but in the master logs I’m seeing:

   clone snapshot={ ss=foo-9-25-14 table=Foo type=FLUSH } failed because A clone should not have regions to restore

However, I was able to do a clone_snapshot to a table with a different name. Does anyone know
what this means and how to get past it? (HBase 0.98)

Thanks
Brian

Re: problem restoring snapshot

Posted by Brian Jeltema <br...@digitalenvoy.net>.
Deleting the contents of  /apps/hbase/data/.tmp fixed the problem

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brian Jeltema <br...@digitalenvoy.net>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brian Jeltema <br...@digitalenvoy.net>.